Elasticsearch filter to parse all date types in the logs?

I have to read multiple service logs which contain different time formats to the microseconds precision. Logstash is able to parse all the timestamps from "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} filter but I get 400 for some logs in Elasticsearch because of the various time formats and I am not able to figure our what is wrong with my Kibana format:
"mappings": { "properties": { "timestamp": { "type": "date", "format": "strict_date_optional_time||yyyy-MM-dd['T'][ ][HH:mm:ss][,SSSSSSSSS][.SSSSSSSSS]['Z']||yyyy-MM-dd [HH:mm:ss][,SSSSSSSSS]||yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS||yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSSSSSSSS||epoch_millis" } } }
I thought this filter yyyy-MM-dd['T'][ ][HH:mm:ss][,SSSSSSSSS][.SSSSSSSSS]['Z'] alone should be able to parse all the available time formats but it fails even for these:

• 2023-02-25T15:50:53.718970614Z
  • 2023-02-25 15:50:53,718
  • 2023-02-25T15:50:53.718Z
    Isn't [ ] supposed to mean optional? So ['T'] or [<space>] both should be checked in the single format? Also, how do I give milliseconds precision to be anywhere between 3 to 9 decimal? Any docs that I can follow for understand the patterns here?

Also, I understand this is not so correct way to push logs but this is what we need right now. We will fix it later.

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.