Localhost connection problem

(Ragnar Patel) #1

after installing x-pack into elastic search , local host as elasticsearch and kibana can not connect , error: elasticsearch in not connected , (plugin:elasticsearch@6.2.1 | Unable to connect to Elasticsearch at http://localhost:9200)

Feb 09 12:05:24 user systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Main process exited, cod
Feb 09 12:05:24 user systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Unit entered failed stat
Feb 09 12:05:24 user systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'exit'

after integration x-pack into kibana,

kibana had problem too.

(David Pilato) #2

Did you define the passwords?

Moving your question to #x-pack

(Ragnar Patel) #3

yes, i had configure password in x-pack elastic search and kibana.
did that's why error occur.?

(David Pilato) #4

Your answer ends with a question mark:

yes, i had configure password in x-pack elastic search and kibana, ?

Which makes me wondering if you did or did not define the password?

Anyway, any chance you could share the exact steps you did?
Did you follow the guide?
Share your logs and config files. (formatted please)

(Ragnar Patel) #5

I follow , this reference as it said..

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elastic-stack/current/installing-elastic-stack.html

(David Pilato) #6

If you need more help please answer all the questions we are asking.

(Ragnar Patel) #7

Steps Followed:
1 Installed Elastic search using apt deb repository, configure elasticsearch.yml file then set auto boot service and start elasticsearch.
and it worked at localhost.
2 Installed kibana using apt deb repository , configure kibana.yml file then auto boot service and start localhost.

1. installed x-pack into elasticsearch at /usr/share/elasticsearch and configure as password ssl/tsl and then set password.

try to run bin/elasticsearch but could not run.

1. installed x-pack into kibana at usr/share/kibana and configure and try to run bin/kibana but could not run.

error as

(Krunal Kalaria) #8

can you check this in your kibana.yml file elasticsearc.username: your elasticsearch username
elasticsearch.password: your elastic password

joy ne kyo

Thnks & Regards,
Krunal Patel

(Tim Vernum) #9

What does this mean exactly?
What failed? Did you get an error message, were there any log files, did you try to connect to Elasticsearch?

We want to help you, but you need to provide the necessary information so that we can understand what is going wrong.

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.