'items' => [
'attributes' => [
'type' => 'string'
]

]
        ]

attributes property is an object like this
{ title : '', 'description' }

I want to sort in the title . But it show the error that I need to enable fielddata of titile.
I have changed the config mapping many time but it's not working.

I used basemkhirat/elasticsearch package to connect to elasticsearch serve.
Does anyone have any idea to solve this case?
Please help me. Sorry for my English
Thank you .

I guess you will want to do this instead if you only need to perform exact matching and sorting on this field.

'mappings' => [
  'items' => [
    'attributes' => [
      'type' => 'keyword'
    ]
  ]
]

Thank you for your reply. Actually my attributes item is object contain some properties like that
'attributes' : { 'tittle' : '', 'des': '' }
I thought i need to change the mapping config , push the attribute properties inside the attribute like this:

`'mappings' => ['items' => [ 'attributes' => ['type' => 'string' , 'fields' => ['title' => ['type' => 'keyword']]] ]]`

But it is not work,May be it is not correct.

So i have changed the mapping again move the these properties to outside the attributes item . Make it is like item.

`mappings => ['items' => ['title' => ['type' => 'keyword', 'fielddata' => true]]]`

with that config I can sort the title.

But i don't know this way is best config or not

It looks good to me, I would just remove the fielddata => true part, which should not be necessary.

If i remove the fileddata => true I can't sort for title or des it always show error that I need to enable fielddata

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [title] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory."}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"item_index","node":"a3gMQwzKRZutgHZI7qC4bA","reason":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [title] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory."}}],"caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [title] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory."}},"status":400}

It means that type: keyword is being ignored somehow and you field is actually mapped as type:text.

Oh I missed some point.
Your way works correct. Thanks

Could you give me some idea,
I used regexp to searching, If I config mapping like you said but I can't get any research

if i used my config I can get result

My config

{ "item_index": {
"mappings": {
  "items": {
    "properties": {
      "description": {
        "type": "text",
        "fields": {
          "keyword": {
            "type": "keyword"
          }
        },
        "analyzer": "standard",
        "fielddata": true
      },
      "image": {
          }
        },
      },
      "menus": {
        "type": "long"
      },
      "name": {
            "type": "keyword",
            "ignore_above": 256
          }
        }
      },
      "title": {
          }
        },
      }
    }
  }
}  }}

param query regex at this link Query params

Please upgrade your package to version 1.0
This is how you can set your mappings

"mappings" => [
	"items" => [
        "properties" => [
            "title" => [
                "type" => "string"
            ]
        ]
	]
]

In other point please note that in earlier versions, the artisan command php artisan es:indices:create & php artisan es:indices:update were linked with properties key directly so such as _all key and other keys out of properties key scope caused errors and not worked

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.