After updating Apm Agent from 1.1.2 to 1.2 transactions are empty

Kibana version: 7.5.0 (Cloud)

Elasticsearch version: 7.5.0 (Cloud)

APM Server version: 7.5.0 (Local)

APM Agent language and version: 1.2 .Net (Full)

Browser version: -

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: Nuget

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? APM Agent Upgrade

Is there anything special in your setup? Elastic Cloud with Local APM Server

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Steps to reproduce:

1. Working with Apm Agent 1.1.2
  2. Update Nuget to 1.2

Metrics and Errors catching well, but transactions are empty:

APM Server logs

1 Like

Hi Mikhail,

I see that you also upgraded APM Server to the latest version as well - in order to determine if the agent or the server upgrade is the culprit I would suggest to try the latest version (1.2) .NET Agent with the previous version of APM Server and/or the other way around - the previous version (1.1.2) of .NET Agent with the latest version of APM Server.

In addition it would be helpful if you could provide agent's logs.

I apologize, I did not describe this above.
First, I updated the Agent, the server remained unchanged. When I noticed that the transactions were not being logged, I decided to update the server, but this did not help.

So it seems that we should focus on the agent upgrade - it would be helpful if you could provide agent's logs.

Sorry, but how it can be done?

By default .NET Agent writes its log to standard output (AKA console) so you can redirect application's standard output to a file.
Also the log has higher chance of helping us if we increase the log level (preferably to Trace). You can configure Agent's log level either via ELASTIC_APM_LOG_LEVEL environment variable which works for any .NET application or if you cannot use environment variables you configure via one of the methods specific to the application framework. At the moment we have alternative configuration sources for applications built using ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core.

I have the same issue with the python / Django client and ElasticSearch / Kibana 6.x. This started a couple of months ago...

Thanks.
Agent logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqxP74CRWKVAh8URjARsvhT9iGcgPA?e=9XQ7QV
I see only one problem "I see only one problem. But this should not affect the work.".
But this should not affect the work.

I have found a reason. Web.Config had an old entry of the assembly System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.

Changed it to

And now it works. Thanks for Help!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.