Convert Date String Into Date Format

I have added the date format as u told me then run the config file it still showing the same date type string please check the attached screenshot ![Date%20String|690x407](upload://bWcwOu6aLJfyhRZjtVrkK1rOOOz.jpeg)

Im sorry @Syed.Ubaid I have no idea by now, but I will keep trying to fix your problem.

Thank you

Hi,

What have you in your template index for this field ?

Date : {
"type": "date",
"format": "MM/DD/YYYY HH:mm"
}

How can we use template index and can we do this through mapping? any screenshot or links ?

please check the attached picture in the mapping data type of date is showing text how can we change the current mapping to change type text to date

Please see the attached file, the error occured when update date field from existing index. please look into it.

any update
@dgonzalezp dgonzalezp

Hi @Syed.Ubaid
Sorry, yesterday I was a little bit busy and I couldnt help you.
I can change my fields in date format to srtring in this section:

Can you did it from string to date?

I have string value field you have date value field please check the attached screenshot Date%20String

timestamp is by default in date format the problem is that i want to convert the date string into date format so i would do aggregation on date column

now see this screenshot timestamp is coming in date format

i want the date column type into date format which is by default is coming into string format..

What kind of input/filter/output have you in your logstash?
Can you share all these files? I want to see them, maybe the problem is in there.

input {
file {
path => "D:/kibanaproject/testing.csv"
start_position => "beginning"
sincedb_path => "NUL"
}
}
filter {
csv {
separator => ","
columns => ["Date","MobileNo","Msg","ServiceId","SMS","wsResponse","AKNMsgId","MMMsgId","AmountCharged"]
}

}
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
index => "test-%{+dd.MM.YYYY}"
}
stdout {codec => json_lines }
}

this is my config file

mutate {
convert => { "Date" => "date" }
}
}

when i put this filter it does not parse the data.

Try this:

filter {
csv {
separator => ","
columns => ["Date","MobileNo","Msg","ServiceId","SMS","wsResponse","AKNMsgId","MMMsgId","AmountCharged"]
convert => { "Date" => "date" }
}
}

i tried this but error in logstash service start and stop

it works logstash parse the data but date format still showing in string