FileBeat EOF Error

I've done some investigation here, and the EOF is due to how we handle idle writer, in this case, the writer is FB. This feature was used to close the idle or latent connection after a delay the default is 15s; this correspond to the delay you see in your log between each event.

But there is a catch if logstash takes to much time to process a batch a client timeout could occur because the input would not read from the socket. It might be related to the size of the batch you currently have configured.

I'll create a PR to fix that problem to make sure that if a timeout occur and logstash is still processing a batch it won't close the connection until the fix is released you can bump the client_inactivity_timeout to a bigger value like 900 (15 minutes)

No events should be lost in that case since FB will retransmit the complete window, but it can slow down the consumption of events.

A few notes I saw in this issues.

• I would not change the pipeline.batch.size, the default is 125, and we have found that is a sweet spot in performance. Using a value of 15000 for the batch mean that you will use a lot more memory than needed.
  • congestion_threshold is deprecated, when you start logstash you should see a warning about that.