How to add first row first column value as a field in to other rows' documents of a csv file in logstash filters?

Thanks! But, there will be 100 of reports, will this hash be able to handle that?

@suite ||= {}
@row ||= {}

If it is only hundreds then the memory leak should not matter. If it is more you would have to re-implement things using an aggregate filter. Use the file name as the task id, and save the row number in the map. Set 'push_map_as_event_on_timeout => true' and in timeout_code call event.cancel so that map entry gets timed out and deleted but does not show up as an event.

1 Like

Thanks! I'll try that one. :slight_smile:

Hi, what does mean of this comment "# Needs a literal newline in the configuration file" in the conf file?

That mutate+split is splitting the [@metadata][lines] field into an array, and it needs to split them at each newline character. You cannot use "\n", you have to have a literal newline in the string, so that the filter configuration is split across two lines of the file.

1 Like

ok, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi,
In the csv file, there is a field called Suite/Test/Step Name . Using below code I was trying to rename it in logstash conf file. Renaming worked but in kibana, it says that this new field Test_Step_Name is a undefined field. it doesn't allow to use this new filed to aggregate data. How to fix this?

mutate {
      rename => ["Suite/Test/Step Name", "Test_Step_Name" ]
  }

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Hi @Badger

I meant, in the CSV file there is a column called Suite/Test/Step Name and I wanted to rename that column to a new field name called Test_Step_Name.

I would expect that mutate+rename to achieve that.

1 Like

Renaming works, but when I check the field in the kibana, it shows that new field as a undefined field. any idea why is that?

Does doing a refresh of the index pattern help? I am not sure what you mean by undefined.

1 Like

Refreshing didn't work. undefined meant it doesn't have a initial data type. usually for Suite/Test/Step Name it has the data type as text. but for Test_Step_Name it has the data type ? when I check it in kibana. Please check the below screenshot.
rsz_screenshot_14

And also @Badger do you know how to change the text color in kibana dashboard widgets. In the below screenshot, there are three different lens widgets in the dashboard. I want to change the text color of Passed count to green and failed count to red. How can I do that in kibana dashboard? (note: I use kibana version 7.8.0)
rsz_screenshot_15

I would expect refreshing the pattern to fix that. The other question is most definitely a Kibana question and I do not run Kibana, so I cannot help. Try asking in the kibana forum.

1 Like

OK! thank you for your support so far! :slight_smile:

Hi @Badger

In my csv file there is a column which has the katalon test case execution duration; As an example, values are like this "4.23s, 0.02s etc.". End of every value there is a char "s" to denote the seconds. How to remove this and add this particular field to float data type? Currently it saves data as "text" data type.

mutate { gsub => [ "someField", "s$", "" ] }
mutate { convert => { "someField" => "float" } }

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile: I have added this,

csv{
    separator => ","
    skip_header => "true"
    columns => ["Suite/Test/Step Name","Browser","Description","Tag","Start time","End time","Duration","Status"]
    skip_empty_columns => "false"
    convert => {
        "Start time" => "date_time"
        "End time" => "date_time"
    }
  }
  mutate { gsub => [ "Duration", "s$", "" ] }
  mutate { convert => { "Duration" => "float" } }

but outcome is still the same which means duration is still the same as "2.34s".

I am unable to explain that.