How to get ECK APM to work with any type of agent at all!?!

They do match what? Which secret are they copied from?

Wait. Just found out the tls.crt is empty. It works now. I will check if env is still needed. It doesn't make sense at all because all of these env are configurable at the elastic-node-apm settings. Will update.

One more thing. Can you please confirm if BOTH ELASTIC_APM_SECRET_TOKEN and ELASTIC_APM_SERVER_CA_CERT_FILE are needed? My impression, based on our past communication, is that only either one of them is needed?

They are both required. ELASTIC_APM_SERVER_URL is the address of the APM Server, ELASTIC_APM_SECRET_TOKEN is an auth token.

I meant ELASTIC_APM_SERVER_CA_CERT_FILE. Are both this and the ELASTIC_APM_SECRET_TOKEN needed at the same time?

Right. Yes those are both required too.

ELASTIC_APM_SERVER_CA_CERT_FILE is for verifying the server's TLS certificate. That's so the client can confirm that it is communicating with the correct server. ELASTIC_APM_SECRET_TOKEN is so the server knows the client is authorized to send data.

I'm not a Node.js expert, but I think that the system CA certificates are not used by default. The agent docs seem to suggest that bundled Mozilla CA certs are used by default.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.