Jdbc_streaming - get clean target content - not the field name as well

Hi there,

First post - I've spent a LONG time reading through the discuss posts and found as much as I can without posting my own question so THANKS for all the great info!!

My question is directly linked to the following topic:

I expect that that will "expand" how discobot said it would so you'll be able to see that discussion.

My question about it is that I get the following in "discover" in Kibana:

customer	     	  {
  "client_name": "Bob's IP at home"
}

It also has the following when I hover over the Exclamation mark "Objects in arrays are not well supported" in Kibana (I tried to tag this with both Logstash and Kibana, I couldn't so went with what I'm actually trying to solve, the jdbc_streaming in Logstash being clean). I don't have an array though, this is a single field from a table in a DB that I've pulled, a name to go with the IP address that I pulled out of the log stream and queried the DB for, so it can look nice and tidy in a dashboard.

I'm not too concerned about the "Objects in arrays are not well supported" error, although perhaps I should be cleaning that up somehow? help please?

That was a long intro I know... Real question starts below.

What I AM interested in though, and the title of the post reflects this, is getting the "target" out cleanly. As can be seen above, I get the name of the field in the table in the "Enriched Data" but I do NOT want that, I just want the information from that location, i.e. in this case "Bob's IP at home".

Thanks in advance everyone!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.