I found a post logstash-6.7.0 failing to start that suggested the content of classpath environment variable could be at fault.
I temporarily set classpath to "" in the command line window before running the ncv.conf file that uses jdbc to connect to the database and that saw logstash running fine with data returned. I have no idea why that is and what in classpath was causing the issue but this is what my classpath looks like before blanking it
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java\lib\com.ibm.mq.jar;e:\app\ojdbc\;e:\app\ojdbc\ojdbc6_g.jar;e:\tika-app-1.20.jar;.
Hi @c95mbq - Thanks again for running these tests and for experimenting with the CLASSPATH environment variable. I need to discuss with the team regarding the CLASSPATH environment variable and how it is set in Logstash running in Windows environment.
@c95mbq - I discussed with the team and this is a bug in the Windows batch script. I opened this Github issue. I invite you to subscribe to it for further updates. Thank you for collaboration in this topic - I am glad we found the problem
That's great, thanks heaps for all your help ropc, this was driving me mad!
Now it's back to the original problem of trying to secure logstash so I'm sure I'll be making another post shortly
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.