Logstash.conf not found for after installing logstash

Hi, there's no such logstash.conf included on binary files. You need to create it.

input {
 #Input here 
}
output {
  #Output here
}

Hi,

Go to /usr/share/logstash/bin
from there, you can execute your command

./logstash -f /path/to/your/config/file/YourConfigFileName.conf --path.settings /path/to/your/logstash-yml --config.reload.automatic

Thanks got problem solved...

But again I am getting the below error. I am trying to avoid the '\n\t' which I see inside the stacktrace and messages of the JSON output. I configured with the below configuration, but it throws below error

input { 
    stdin {
   } 
  } 
 filter {
   mutate {
   strip => "message"
 }
}
output 
    { 
      stdout {
      } 
   }

I get the below error message

sawyer@ford11:/usr/share/logstash/bin$ ./logstash -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf
    WARNING: Could not find logstash.yml which is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or 
    /etc/logstash. You can specify the path using --path.settings. Continuing using the defaults
    Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /usr/share/logstash/config/log4j2.properties. Using 
    default config which logs errors to the console[ERROR] 2018-01-29 15:48:08.734 [Ruby-0-Thread-
     1: /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/stud-0.0.23/lib/stud/task.rb:22] agent - 
    Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, 
   :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, input, filter, output 
   at line 1, column 1 (byte 1) after ", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-
  core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:42:in `compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-
  core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:in `compile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-
  core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in `block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:in 
 `map'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in `compile_sources'", 
   "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:51:in `initialize'", 
  "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:171:in `initialize'", 
 "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:in `execute'", 
 "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:335:in `block in converge_state'", 
 "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:141:in `with_pipelines'", 
 "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:332:in `block in converge_state'", 
 "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1734:in `each'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-
  core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:319:in `converge_state'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-
 core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:166:in `block in converge_state_and_update'", 
"/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:141:in `with_pipelines'", 
"/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:164:in `converge_state_and_update'", 
"/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:90:in `execute'", 
"/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:343:in `block in execute'", 
"/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/stud-0.0.23/lib/stud/task.rb:24:in `block in  
 initialize'"]}

Please change your config output to

output {
          stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

Again when I apply \n\t to the input as below I see Hi '\n\t inside the message. How do I get output without \n\t

The stdin plugin is now waiting for input:  Hi\n\t
 {
    "@timestamp" => 2018-01-29T20:45:02.759Z,
    "@version" => "1",
    "message" => "Hi\\n\\t",
    "host" => "algo-11"
 }

I have used the below config provided at the link
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/multiline.html

input {
 stdin {
  codec => multiline {
  pattern => "^\s"
  what => "previous"
      }
   }  
}
output { 
  stdout { codec => rubydebug } 
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.