Logstash freezes post update to 6.2.4

I am running three logstash instances which were on 6.2.3 version. Today I upgraded all of them to 6.2.4. The update process was smooth on 2 of the instances and no problem was noticed.

On the third instance, logstash was in a "locked" up state post update. The logstash logs had no other entry except Pipeline started and the process state itself was S(Sleeping).Eventually the system load fell to 0. Then I looked at /var/log/messages which had the following error traceback (posted on pastebin as the traceback is too big)

https://pastebin.com/Uns7PKZX

This error was repeated a bunch of times. To recover, I had to empty the queue and restart logstash. After this the instance worked normally.

My pipeline has beats input plugin and elasticsearch and TCP output plugin.

Same here.

All ugly after this.
Apr 24 22:24:00 ent-mocsmlh04 systemd: Starting logstash...
Apr 24 22:24:22 ent-mocsmlh04 logstash: Sending Logstash's logs to /var/log/logstash which is now configured via log4j2.properties
Apr 24 22:25:22 ent-mocsmlh04 logstash: Exception in thread "Ruby-0-Thread-9@[main]>worker0: /usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:385" org.logstash.ackedqueue.QueueRuntimeException: deserialize invocation error
Apr 24 22:25:22 ent-mocsmlh04 logstash: at org.logstash.ackedqueue.Queue.deserialize(Queue.java:733)
Apr 24 22:25:22 ent-mocsmlh04 logstash: at org.logstash.ackedqueue.Batch.deserializeElements(Batch.java:62)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.