Strang things happened when logstash grok the log message

I use filebeat-1.2.2 to monitor the mysql-slow.log.
when I add two slow query records in it,

and the logstash only give me one :

:disappointed_relieved: I do it again,adding two more records into the mysql-slow.log:

hehe....:joy: just like the first time,logstash only give me one result:

:imp: I tried the third time:

and aha!!! :joy: this I got two results.I don't know why....

could you tell me why ? :joy:
really appreciate!!!

this is my logstash.conf .

Please don't post screenshots. Use copy/paste.

:sweat: ok....

Do we presume you are using the Filebeat config from here

@houfan

You only get one event because the the second one's lines are being buffered internally - filebeat can only know when a previous set of lines is fully collected when the first line of the next set is seen.

after so many times I have tried,I figured out the reason is :

if [message] =~ "^# administrator" {
drop {}
}
if [message] =~ "^# Time" {
drop {}
}

this part didn't work right .It will drop much more messages than expect. cos when I delete this line

Time: 161214 11:32:21

and then logstash will give the correct two results.
I add this grok pattern at the end :(?:# Time:.*\n).

> (?m)^# User@Host: %{USER:User}\[[^\]]+\] @ (?:(?<clienthost>\S*) )?\[(?:%{IP:Client_IP})?\]\s+Id:\s+%{NUMBER:row_id:int}\n# Schema: %{WORD:Schema}\s+Last_errno: %{NUMBER}\s+Killed: %{NUMBER}\n# Query_time: %{NUMBER:Query_Time:float}\s+Lock_time: %{NUMBER:Lock_Time:float}\s+Rows_sent: %{NUMBER:Rows_Sent:int}\s+Rows_examined: %{NUMBER:Rows_Examined:int}\s+Rows_affected: %{NUMBER:Rows_affected:int}\n(?:# Bytes_sent: %{NUMBER:Byte_sent:int}\n)+(?:use %{DATA:database};\s*\n)?SET\s+timestamp=%{NUMBER:timestamp};(?:\n)?(?<sql>(?<action>\w+)\b.*;)?(?:\n)?(?:# Time:.*\n)?

logstash drop the first line “# Time: 161214 11:32:21”,and the whole messages (that the grok pattern matched )next.
at the end logstash only give one result.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.