Unable to connect to ELK server through a Client server with Filebeat configured

I followed the site [ https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-elasticsearch-logstash-and-kibana-elk-stack-on-ubuntu-16-04 ]

but I am unable to test filebeat installtion --> output shows 0 total hits

Then I followed [ Configure Filebeat for All Logs ]

and tried

/etc/init.d/filebeat -v -d "*"

but it is showing,
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /etc/init.d/filebeat start -v -d "*"
[....] Starting filebeat (via systemctl): filebeat.serviceFailed to start filebeat.service: Access denied
failed!

Then I did this,

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ filebeat -c filebeat.yml -e -v
bash: /usr/bin/filebeat: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

How can I start filebeat & send data to ELK server?

Any help would be great ,
Thanks!

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /etc/init.d/filebeat start -v -d "*"
[....] Starting filebeat (via systemctl): filebeat.serviceFailed to start filebeat.service: Access denied
failed!

Perhaps you need to run the command as root?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ filebeat -c filebeat.yml -e -v
bash: /usr/bin/filebeat: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Did you download a Filebeat binary that's compiled for ARM and thus might be able to work on a Raspberry Pi?

@magnusbaeck , from where would I get a Filebeat binary that's compiled for ARM,could you post the respective link.

Though I followed this link[ Static build ], but still I am unable to get Filebeat with ARM architecture....

I had configured DEB 64-bit filebeat earlier.

Thanks for help!!

Elastic doesn't offer any official packages for Linux/ARM. Filebeat can be built for ARM without a problem. Our Jenkins server publishes a filebeat binary built for ARM, but it's just the binary and not any of the supporting config/scripts.

You can download the file from here. The directory marked as "634-593db38bf771abf33cae3824d64de8cd74bb4da4" (that's the build id and the git commit) is from the commit associated with the 5.0.0-alpha4 tag in Github. S3 purges the files after ~3 weeks so that dir won't be around for long.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.