Unable to push incremental data from Cassandra DB to daily index using logstash

(Guy Boertje) #22

Nice!

It looks like it is working to me.

The time_stamp value from the previous run is being insert into the next statement by substitution.

Now you can increase the limit to 5 LIMIT 5 and let us verify that the fifth time_stamp is used in the statement on the next scheduled run.

Please verify that the contents of /opt/elk/.logstash_jdbc_last_run is being updated after each scheduled run.

At this point you should check to ensure that the results are ordered by time_stamp ascending, this is important to guarantee a continually increasing time_stamp value (the assumption of the > condition).

(Sapna Basantani) #23

Hello,

Do we have any option to sort date time in same logstash conf file??
Cassandra sorting does not work for me with error order by and IN can not work together:
select * from table where host_name IN ('','*') AND time_stamp > : sql_last_value ORDER BY time_stamp ASC LIMIT 5 Allow filtering;

If I dont use host_name where condition , it throws an error :
Order By only supported when partition key is restricted by EQ or IN.

(Guy Boertje) #24

Ordering within Logstash is not possible for a few reasons:

1. By design, each event is treated as autonomous. The pipeline does not care whether is sees 1 event or 600 billion events and especially does not attempt to reason (hold state) about what happened before any single event.
  2. The pipeline is multi-threaded, out of order execution is the norm and one worker (thread) is assumed do its work sooner or later than another worker starting at about the same time.
(Sapna Basantani) #25

Thanks.

In case my ordering by issue doesnt fix, will it push same records again which are already indexed?
or it will remember about the records are already processed.

(Guy Boertje) #26

There is no inherent remembering of ids.

This blog post explains your options regarding duplicates.

(system) closed #27

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.