Fail to create S3 Repository

hi,

I am unable to create an S3 Repository. Ive tried against a Cloudian and AWS but I cant seem to get it to create and I get a very generic error.

name component version
RNtA5y5 repository-s3 6.1.2

I am trying:

{
"type": "s3",
"settings": {
"bucket": "dusty-buckets",
"region": "us-east-1"
}
}

Ive tried:

{
"endpoint": "s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com",
"role_arn": "arn:aws:iam::XXXXXXXXXXX:role/cloudian2",
}
}

I used the IAM credentials for the resource in AWS and no luck always I get:
{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "repository_exception",
"reason": "[mys3backup] failed to create repository"
}
],
"type": "repository_exception",
"reason": "[mys3backup] failed to create repository",
"caused_by": {
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "Bad Request (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 400; Error Code: 400 Bad Request; Request ID: 43E9334844BA1F46; S3 Extended Request ID: Xx80yBiDKhYNG2dqjcqaP9pmytoU5zD0pJQog/CqSNDUcQW2p3QY6qTB+n68szZRgc+S93SnA/o=)"
}
},
"status": 500

I had to place my access keys in the keystore as the insecure passing of these is no longer allowed. But I cant even tell if its trying to connect.

I get a generic FAIL but I dont know what the issue is. Can anyone give me a next thing to check as I need S3 to elastic for snapshots.

Thanks
-smithomega

I added s3 endpoint to elastiocsearch.yml and now I get this:

Failed to check if blob [master.dat-temp] exist

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "blob_store_exception",
"reason": "Failed to check if blob [master.dat-temp] exists"
}
],
"type": "blob_store_exception",
"reason": "Failed to check if blob [master.dat-temp] exists",
"caused_by": {
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "The bucket is in this region: us-east-1. Please use this region to retry the request (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 301; Error Code: 301 Moved Permanently; Request ID: 5A996C936C28E35D; S3 Extended Request ID: uFZZFKylZVEjsETrnFcSia66n1ehHoVYPJdyNqS9HF6XAaFJ2B/ak0LH4RAozOq5jaTgvkuS1Vo=)"
}
},

What endpoint did you configure? The error message means you have configured a different endpoint than the region the bucket exists in. I'm also curious why you are setting endpoint at all; it should work without it.

Ugh!! you are right.

The endpoint I placed in elasticsearch.yml was the wrong. Both in the json PUT and the yml I have the same endpoint now and the command succeeds. SUCCESS! Thank you!

{
"endpoint": "s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com",
"server_side_encryption": "true",
}
}
{
"acknowledged": true
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.