APM config_file location

Guys,
I want to start APM upon Spring boot startup using:

ElasticApmAttacher.attach(Collections.singletonMap("config_file", elasticapm-dev.properties));

elasticapm-dev.properties is a properties file with the name other than the standard elasticapm.properties in our resouces folder: src/main/resources/

What would be the correct path to provide to our elasticapm-dev.properties file

Please see the relevant documentation.
Either place somewhere on the file system and provide the full path, or at the same folder the elastic-apm-agent.jar is in and use the special value _AGENT_HOME_.

Unfortunately, despite stating so in the documentation, providing a classpath location for config_file does not work. I've updated the documentation accordingly.

I've added ElasticApmAttacher.attach(String propertiesLocation) which makes it possible to customize the location of the properties file.

You can follow this PR: https://github.com/elastic/apm-agent-java/pull/892 and subscribe the repository for releases in order to get notified when this gets released.

Thank you @felixbarny that was my point
I have tried all possible combinations before posting here (checked it with the docs accordingly) and miserably failed
I am looking forward for this PR be released

You won't have to wait very long :wink:
Be sure to subscribe the GitHub repository for releases in order to get an email notification.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.