APM hangs application #1724

Kibana version:

Elasticsearch version:

APM Server version:

APM Agent language and version: 1.19.0 - dotnet

Browser version: 108.0.5359.125 - chrome

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: nuget

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh

Is there anything special in your setup? no

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):
Working in .net core locally I had an issue stated in #1724, the application would hang because of the CPU metrics not being captured. After some search on the forums and on github I found that I could add the PerfomanceCounter key and some CPU values and the service would work fine. After the v.1.16.0 update I stopped needing to add this values on the configuration at all. Now I'm working on .net framework 4.6.2 service and the problem appeared again. If I add the new DisableMetrics setting to disable the cpu metrics the service stops hanging. Was this not added to .Net framework?

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant): where are apm logs being saved?

Hi Pedro,

could you collect and attach agent logs (with log level Trace)?
See here: Troubleshooting | APM .NET Agent Reference [1.x] | Elastic

Thanks
Wolfgang

Helllo Wolfgang,

Here is the logs.

To note that we have the ElasticModule on the Web.Config, but add in the Global.asax a filter to remove the swagger calls. On this last image we see that I called the endpoint and got Outcome=Unknown. After this no more logs from APM, but if I add the DisableMetrics everything works fine (locally), because on the server I don't need to add anything and works fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.