APM Integration Issue: Failed to Index traces After Upgrade from 8.12.1 to 8.15.1

We did elastic upgrade from 8.12.1 to 8.15.1, Following things upgrade and all have same version right now which is 8.15.1.

Elastic Data node
Kibana
Apm Server
Fleets
Beats

after upgrade apm does not have any data and when we check the log following error we got it.

APM Server v8.15.1, which is newer than the installed APM integration (v8.12.2-preview-1707233477). The APM integration must be upgraded.","service.name":"apm-server","documents":1,"ecs.version":"1.6.0"}

we checked the ingest pipeline and there is still old pipeline there which is trace-apm-8.12.1, i should be upgraded to 8.15.1 but it did not.

I created new pipeline with name 8.15.1 but it does not work getting same error.

What i have to do here ? Should i reinstalled APM integration so it will created new pipeline or updated existing pipeline ?

Hello @SachinJoshi, we are tracking a similar issue when updating to APM Server v8.15.1 from APM Server v8.12.1. The current workaround is to manually rollover the relevant data streams by running the following requests (assuming the default namespace).

POST /traces-apm-default/_rollover
POST /traces-apm.rum-default/_rollover
POST /logs-apm.error-default/_rollover
POST /logs-apm.app-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.app-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.internal-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.service_destination.1m-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.service_destination.10m-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.service_destination.60m-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.service_summary.1m-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.service_summary.10m-default/_rollover
POST /metrics-apm.service_summary.60m-default/_rollover