APM Server installation on insecure ElasticSearch

Kibana version:

Elasticsearch version:

APM Server version:

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
All Elastic + Kibana + APM downloaded as tar.gz

Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
All fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc.
Insecure Elasticsearch (I understand it is not safe, but in our case, we are in a lockdown environment, where everything is closed system)

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Hello,

I am encountering an issue with APM Server and insecure Elasticsearch.
By insecure, I mean we put "false" in the elasticsearch.yml file for security and restarted. We can access API, curl, etc, with simple http (not https, not certificate, not username password)
When installing APM Server, it is not working.

By not working, I mean:
If we install Elastic with security (username password, certificate, etc...) We can use Fleet and install APM Server from there. Things works fine.

However, when we use the insecure Elasticsearch, first of all, Fleet is not available. Then, if we install from tar.gz, unfortunately, the APM Server starts, but the ready to publish is always false.

All documentations from website only mentions the how to make it work via Fleet or a secure Elastic.

How to install APM Server on with a insecure Elastic please?

Thank you

If you are using the apm-server binary without Elastic Agent management, you still need to install the apm integration. The integration bundles the index templates, ILM policy configurations etc, and the apm-server verifies that these configurations are available before it starts ingesting.
The apm guide has a section how to install the apm integration when using the plain apm-server binary.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.