APM server not found

If you are asking about a problem you are experiencing, please use the following template, as it will help us help you. If you have a different problem, please delete all of this text :slight_smile:

Kibana version:
Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:
APM Agent language and version:
Python Flask || 4.2

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

I've set Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana on my AWS EC2 server. In addition, I've installed flask APM version 4.2 and APM 6.4.2 on my application server. However, when I launch my flask server, I've got an error which is that 'localhost:8200' page not found. (404) How can I resolve this problem?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install ELK on ec2 server.
  2. Install Flask APM agent and APM server on my application server (It is also ec2)
  3. Launch the server code.

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):
28-03-2019:05:21:52,321 ERROR [base.py:261] Failed to submit message: 'HTTP 404: 404 page not found\n'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/elasticapm/transport/base.py", line 209, in _flush
self.send(data)
File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/elasticapm/transport/http.py", line 100, in send
raise TransportException(message, data, print_trace=print_trace)
elasticapm.transport.base.TransportException: HTTP 404: 404 page not found

Hi and thanks for reaching out :slight_smile:
Please note that Python agent of versions 4+ is only compatible with APM Server 6.5+ . (see more in the Python agent's documentation).

2 Likes

@Eyal_Koren Thanks! :slight_smile: It is very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.