APM with Informatica

Kibana version: 8.5.3

Elasticsearch version: 8.5.3

APM Server version: 8.5.3

APM Agent language and version: Java ( I think?) 8.5.3

Browser version: chrome

Is there anything special in your setup? We are running Elastic and Kibana in docker containers. Fleet server and APM server standard install but coordinated with Fleet.

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant): I really would like to know if anyone is using Elastic APM to monitor Informatica, if so how do you have it configured to start. I have been asked to see if we can monitor Health Rules with this APM rather than Dynatrace. Any advice or good recommendations on consultants. Any help is welcome.

Hi !

I am not familiar at all with Informatica, nor do I know if it is possible to instrument it with APM.

What I know for sure is that we don't provide a dedicated instrumentation for that, but if the product you are using from Informatica relies on our supported technologies, then there is a good chance that you might be able to use it as-is.

I think here the first step would be to just try adding the Java agent and see what do you get.
Then, I would suggest to go to this guide to see what approaches are the most relevant for using APM agent with this product. If you have some knowledge about the product internals and are able to run and experiment locally that should be easier.

1 Like

I am not as familiar with Informatica as I should be so that is part of the ask. I did find some information on APM with Tomcat, it looks like at least the way we have informatica installed is using tomcat server. So I will start to go down that rabbit hole.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.