Applying grok on a field value after csv plugin

Hi team, I have a csv file which contains the output from Oracle tables. We are using csv filter to parse the data to appropriate fields. A field in them has a value which is a command getting executed.
Ex. /home/run job.pl --job="job_name"

I need to apply grok pattern on that particular field and extract only that job name and assign it to a different field. Confused if this is possible.

Any help on this.

Yes, it's possible. The grok filter parses text. It doesn't know or care about if that text originally came from a CSV file. For further help please show your current configuration and an example input line.

Thanks for the response Magnus.

This is my dummy input file
08-JUL-16~;order_id~;appl_id~;job_name_old~;Night Job~;/home/job.pl --job="job_name"'~;

And this is my csv filter
csv {
columns => ["system_date","order_id","appl_id","job_name_old","description","cmd_line",
separator => "~;"
}

Need to write a grok to parse the field 'cmd_line' and assign just the content within double codes ( --job=" ") to another field like job_cmd.

Thanks.

Untested but should work:

filter {
  grok {
    match => {
      "cmd_line" => ' --job="(?<job_cmd>[^"]+)"'
    }
  }
}

Hi Magnus, Thanks for the response.

I tried this but don't see a new field getting created with the value.

My Config

csv {
   columns => ["system_date","order_id","appl_id","ControlM_job_name","description","cmd_line","cpu_id","owner","from_time","to_time", "cyclic", "next_run_time", "status", "odate", "rerun_counter", "order_table", "application", "group_name", "job_id", "elapsed_runtime", "cpu_time", "memname", "state", "nodegroup","data_center","avg_start_time","avg_run_time","start_date","start_time","end_date","end_time"]

separator => "~;"

add_field => { "[technology]" => "Tech_name" 
                       "[field2]" => "%{memname}"
                       "[field3]" => "%{nodegroup}"
    }

}

grok {
match => {
  "cmd_line" => ' --job="(?<mem_name_cmd>[^"]+)"'
}

}

Could you kindly check. The value of that field is /home/job.pl --job="job_name"

Please show the result of a stdout { codec => rubydebug } output so we can see what's going on.