Authentication and Authorization with Logstash

Hi,

I am a completely new user of logstash. I am using log stash simply to parse some files (ideally csv) and publish them to kafka. As of now the the way it works is the file-input plugin checks for new files in a specific location and tries to start parsing them.

However, I am looking to see if there is any form of authentication available for stand alone log stash alone. I see that the HTTP plugin has basic authentication and twitter plugin has OAuth. Is there is anything that can handle JWT?? Or other authentication/authorization mechanisms?

One use case is to process incoming JWT and based on the claims, read the files and process it to make it secure. This ensures that not any randomly dropped file in the default "path" of the file input-plugin will be picked for processing but only the ones with the

Is there anything of this sort for a standalone log stash setup? Or should other components of the framework be used with log stash to achieve something like this? Or should I write a new input-plugin to handle this?

Shabir

One use case is to process incoming JWT and based on the claims, read the files and process it to make it secure. This ensures that not any randomly dropped file in the default "path" of the file input-plugin will be picked for processing but only the ones with the

So Logstash parses a file upon request from an authenticated client? No, there's nothing like that in the set of stock plugins.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.