Autodetection is not working in ELK 6.2.3

Hello,

On Linux, autodetection property is not working for version 6.2.3? The same property is working fine with windows. Also, we are playing with csv & JSON object. Same is working fine with version 5.6.3. Can somebody help me out in this?

(Magnus Bäck) #2

Autodetection of what?

Autodetection of columns that come as a input to me from csv file.

My code of autodetection is as follows,

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

csv {
separator => "|"
#File,Offset,SystemTimestamp,TimeZone,SAPSystemID,InstanceNumber,Client,UserID,InstanceName,WorkProcessID,ProcessNo.,MessageID,ProgramName,TCode,TCodeDescription,MessageText,Category,ProcessID,Session,Package,Terminal,SysLogtype,VariableData,TransactionID,OverallContexID,ConnectionID,CallCounter,Message,Function,Reason,Program,Line,ProcessDesc,Class,ProblemClass,UserDetail
#columns => ["File","Offset","SystemTimestamp","TimeZone","SAPSystemID","InstanceNumber","Client","UserID","InstanceName","WorkProcessID","ProcessNo.","MessageID","ProgramName","TCode","TCodeDescription","MessageText","Category","ProcessID","Session","Package","Terminal","SysLogtype","VariableData","TransactionID","OverallContexID","ConnectionID","CallCounter","Message","Function","Reason","Program","Line","ProcessDesc","Class","ProblemClass","UserDetail"]
#columns => ["SystemTimestamp","TimeZone","SAPSystemID","InstanceNumber","InstanceName","Client","UserID","Action","ActionUserID","OldValue","OldValueText","NewValue","NewValueText","StartDate","EndDate","TCode","TCodeDescription","UserDetail","IPAddress","HostName"]
autodetect_column_names => true
}

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Today, I have checked 'autodetect_column_names' on RedHat7 & on mint os but both the times I have faced '_csvparsefailure' error. It works fines with a windows machine.

We have tested same logstash configuration with logstash version 5.6.3 and it works (on RedHat, windows & mint os).

Want to share same configuration file & error log file with you. Can you tell me how to share .txt/.conf file with you?

(Magnus Bäck) #5

If it's too big to post here you can e.g. use pastebin or gist. Don't forget to include sample input that triggers the problem.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.