Backup elastic indices

I am trying to backup my indices in elasticsearch. Its working fine in my local. When I do the same in cloud, I get an exception as follows:
{“error”:“RepositoryException[[janusindexbackup] failed to create repository]; nested: CreationException[Guice creation errors:\n\n1) Error injecting constructor, org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoryException: [janusindexbackup] location [janusindex] doesn’t match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty\n at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(Unknown Source)\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository\n\n1 error]; nested: RepositoryException[[janusindexbackup] location [janusindex] doesn’t match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty]; “,”status”:500}

Any suggestions?

one suggestion is to copy your error message in google:

location [janusindex] doesn’t match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty

Then go to the first result found:

and then read it, look like several users had the same problem, you may find one solution in the thread.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.