Build failing for Logstash 6.3.1

Hi,

I'm attempting to build logstash into an RPM. The reason I'm doing this is because I want to include some additional input/output/filter plugins at build time, rather than install them later.
My ruby, rake, bundler & gradle skills are not up to scratch. I installed the version of JRUBY that the build was asking for (jruby-9.1.13.0) and have done the following commands:

./gradlew bootstrap
./gradlew build
org.logstash.instruments.monitors.MemoryMonitorTest > testEachHeapSpaceRepresented FAILED
  java.lang.AssertionError: 
  Expected: (a collection containing "PS Survivor Space" and a collection containing "PS Old Gen" and a collection containing "PS Eden Space")
     but: a collection containing "PS Survivor Space" was "Eden Space", was "Survivor Space", was "Tenured Gen"
    at org.hamcrest.MatcherAssert.assertThat(MatcherAssert.java:20)
    at org.hamcrest.MatcherAssert.assertThat(MatcherAssert.java:8)
    at org.logstash.instruments.monitors.MemoryMonitorTest.testEachHeapSpaceRepresented(MemoryMonitorTest.java:24)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Results: FAILURE (508 tests, 507 successes, 1 failures, 0 skipped)  |
------------------------------------------------------------------------

508 tests completed, 1 failed

I have no idea if it matters, but my system java is:
$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b10, mixed mode)

OS is Oracle LInux 7.5

Is anyone able to suggest why the build might be failing and how I could fix it?

Many thanks,
Nick George

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.