Build your own beat

(andrea) #1

Hello everybody,
I am following the tutorial on how to build your own beat from https://www.elastic.co/blog/build-your-own-beat and I can't see where to put my go code. The whole process described in the tutorial is pretty clear except for that.
Thank you so much!

(Andrew Kroh) #2

You put your Go code into the Run() function defined in the generated beater/{your-beat-name}.go file. That function can call out to other functions you define if needed.

(andrea) #3

oh thank you!

I am having problems now making my code work inside the Run function. Basically I created a code which is a HTTP server to upload files which I am saving on the hard disk. Then I am supposed to send these files on Logstash. I can't figure out how to do that step. Can anyone help me? I'd be more than glad to share my beat once it is working.

Thank you!

(Andrew Kroh) #4

When you have data that you want to publish, you create an event which is a common.MapStr and call PublishEvent(). That will send the event to the configured outputs (e.g. Logstash).

event := common.MapStr{
                "@timestamp": common.Time(time.Now()),
                "type":       beatname,
                "mydata":    mydata,
            }
            bt.client.PublishEvent(event)

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.