Can logstash listen directly from JMS queue using logstash-input-jms plugin?

Hello,

I'm studying a little bit about Beats, Logstash and ElasticSearch and which features of each one I have to use to create a solution.
I was thinking that I should use Beats to listen a JMS queue and then send this event to Logstash to be parsed and insert it on ElasticSearch but after watch Getting Started with Logstash video I could see that there are a lot of plugin to Logstash to make it listen directly from the sources and I found out logstash-input-jms plugin which looks like a plugin to listen JMS queue.

Is this right? Can I really use Logstash to listen directly from the source?
When should I use Beats instead of Logstash direclty?
I've not found any documentation about the plugin (logstash-input-jms). Where can I see if it really does what I need?

I really appreciate any help.
Thanks!

Is this right? Can I really use Logstash to listen directly from the source?

If there's a plugin for it and the plugin works for your purposes, yes.

When should I use Beats instead of Logstash direclty?

The main point of Beats program is to be narrow and lightweight collectors of data with a limited feature set and processing abilities. There is often overlap between what Beats programs can do and what Logstash can do.

I've not found any documentation about the plugin (logstash-input-jms). Where can I see if it really does what I need?

I don't know why the docs haven't been published, but the source code from which docs are generated are found here:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.