Can not create pipeline while running logstash

Hi ELK Community!

Hope you people are doing good.

I'm getting the below error :-

[2018-04-03T22:20:19,670][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Cannot create pipeli
ne {:reason=>"Expected one of #, { at line 14, column 11 (byte 317) after filter
{\n\t\tcsv{\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\tcolumns => ["SL","Team","countryName","
Audit","Period","Date","Resource","timeInIST","Hours","productionTyp
e","Comments"]\n\t\t\tseperator => ","\n\t\t\t} \n\t\t\t\tmutate"}

Below is my conf file:-

input {
file {
path => "C:\Users\DKRSingh\Downloads\ELK\Input\xxxxxx.csv"
start_position => beginning

} 
}

filter {
csv{

columns => ["SL","Team","countryName","Audit","Period","Date","Resource","timeInIST","Hours","productionType","Comments"]
		seperator => ","
		}   

mutate {
convert => { "SL" => "integer" , "Team" => "string" , "countryName" => "string" , "Hours" => "double" , "Date" => "string"}
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "localhost"
index => "Test2"
}

}

The error indicates that on line 14, column 11, the parser expected there to be either the pound symbol (#, indicating start-of-comment) or an open-bracket ({, indicating either start-of-block or start-of-hashmap).

It would be a little easier to help if you edited your post to include code-fences around your configuration (e.g., add a line with ~~~ before and after); since there are no fences, the formatting gets a little messed up, so I can't see what is at "line 14, column 11".

Please look at below, again same problem Can not create pipline...

[2018-04-04T13:53:40,729][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Cannot create pipeli
ne {:reason=>"Expected one of #, input, filter, output at line 1, column 1 (byte

1. after "}

What pipeline configuration did you specify? Again, the output is telling you very specifically that your syntax is wrong and what it expected, in this case at the very first line, in the very first column:

It expected one of:

• #: a hash character inidicating that the rest of the line would be a comment; OR
  • input: the string input, opening an input section; OR
  • filter: the string input, opening a filter section; OR
  • output: the string input, opening an output section.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.