Cant get Logstash to connect to ES ( localhost )

i am doing a brand new clean install of Logstash and Elasticsearch ( version 2.0) and i am having issues getting logstash to connect to the elasticsearch server on the same host, there is no firewall installed and

i can return elasticsearch server information using curl, any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated

these are the errors i get

:timestamp=>"2015-11-03T13:20:18.499000+1000", :message=>"Attempted to send a bulk request to Elasticsearch configured at '[\"http://127.0.0.1:9200/\"]', but an error occurred and it failed! Are you sure you can reach elasticsearch from this machine using the configuration provided?", :client_config=>{:hosts=>["http://127.0.0.1:9200/"], :ssl=>nil, :transport_options=>{:socket_timeout=>0, :request_timeout=>0, :proxy=>nil, :ssl=>{}}, :transport_class=>Elasticsearch::Transport::Transport::HTTP::Manticore, :logger=>nil, :tracer=>nil, :reload_connections=>false, :retry_on_failure=>false, :reload_on_failure=>false, :randomize_hosts=>false}, :error_message=>"Failed to load class 'org.jruby.RubyObject$Access4JacksonDeserializer4c401575': com.fasterxml.jackson.module.afterburner.ser.BeanPropertyAccessor", :error_class=>"JrJackson::ParseError", :backtrace=>["com/jrjackson/JrJacksonBase.java:83:in `generate'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/jrjackson-0.3.6/lib/jrjackson/jrjackson.rb:59:in `dump'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/multi_json-1.11.2/lib/multi_json/adapters/jr_jackson.rb:20:in `dump'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/multi_json-1.11.2/lib/multi_json/adapter.rb:25:in `dump'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/multi_json-1.11.2/lib/multi_json.rb:136:in `dump'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/elasticsearch-api-1.0.14/lib/elasticsearch/api/utils.rb:102:in `__bulkify'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2414:in `map'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/elasticsearch-api-1.0.14/lib/elasticsearch/api/utils.rb:102:in `__bulkify'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/elasticsearch-api-1.0.14/lib/elasticsearch/api/actions/bulk.rb:82:in `bulk'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-output-elasticsearch-2.1.2-java/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/http_client.rb:56:in `bulk'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-output-elasticsearch-2.1.2-java/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch.rb:353:in `submit'", "org/jruby/ext/thread/Mutex.java:149:in `synchronize'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-output-elasticsearch-2.1.2-java/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch.rb:350:in `submit'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-output-elasticsearch-2.1.2-java/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch.rb:382:in `flush'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/buffer.rb:219:in `buffer_flush'", "org/jruby/RubyHash.java:1342:in `each'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/buffer.rb:216:in `buffer_flush'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/buffer.rb:193:in `buffer_flush'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/buffer.rb:112:in `buffer_initialize'", "org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1479:in `loop'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/buffer.rb:110:in `buffer_initialize'"], :level=>:error}

here is a copy of my input and output configuration

02-input-logcourier.conf

input {
    courier {
        port            => 4400
        transport       => "tcp"
    }

tcp {
        port => 4401
        type => "proxy"
    }
}

99-output.conf

output {
    if "_jsonparsefailure" in [tags] or "_grokparsefailure" in [tags] {
        file {
            path => "/var/log/logstash/failures.log"
        }
    } else if "_ignore" in [tags] {
        # Do nothing

} else {
        if [type] == "proxy" {
           elasticsearch {
                hosts              => ["127.0.0.1:9200"]
                index              => "proxy-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
                template           => "/etc/logstash/es-templates/template-nginx-proxy.json"
                template_name      => "proxy"
                template_overwrite => true
            }
        } else {
            # not a type failure, but type still not supported
            file {
                path => "/var/log/logstash/failures.log"
            }
        }
    }
}

I am experiencing the same error with Logstash 2.0.

Attempted to send a bulk request to Elasticsearch configured at ....:error_class=>"JrJackson::ParseError"

Even though it says ParseError, but this parsing used to work with Logstash 1.4.2..

Same my config worked fine on 1.4 and 1.5

@Kyle_Hartigan, did it work fine for you with logstash 1.5.5? I just now installed 1.5.5, and am facing the same issue..

Hey nikita after some experimenting today i found the issue is actually
caused by my log-courier installation and the ticket that i have raised on
the logstash github repo. The also notified log courier devs aswell

I found by moving back to lumberjack fixed my issues and i am now running
elasticsearch 2.0 with logstash 2 and kibana 4.2

Yeah, I got to know too that it's the courier plugin.. I was just wondering which was the version where courier plugin didn't cause this issue..

Here is the link to the repo and look at the issues section you will see
they are actively working on it

I think 1.4 is still working i have a friend who uses similar configs to me
and his is still working he is not keen to upgrade yet