Can't start packetbeat service on Ubuntu 18.04

Hi!

I can't start packetbeat service in Ubuntu 18.04. It runs perfectly If I start the service exactly after it is installed. But if I stop it or restart it in order to make some changes in packetbeat.yml and then try to start it again, I get the following error:

Does anybody have any idea?

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read, impossible to search and some people may not be even able to see them :slight_smile:

Can you paste the text from journalctl -xe or the log file

Hello guys!

Thank you for your desire to help me! Finally, I have succeeded in making the service to start. After I have unpacked the packetbeat deb file, I tried to start it, but I forgot to install libpacap. After I have installed libpcap, I still had the error I posted in the picture. After a lot of trials, I have found the solution. I have ran sudo packetbeat test config -e. This last command has saved my life. It printed an error where it was written what command should I run in order to make it start (it was: sudo chmod go-w packetbeat.yml, because I had previously ran sudo chmod 777 packetbeat.yml in order to have the possibility to edit this configuration file). Best luck!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.