Cef message split

Hi,

I am new to ELK and learning it now as part of my job. I am getting .cef logs from imperva waf that needs to be split in to fields so that it can be uploaded to the Elastic.
Please let me know how I can achieve this?
Is there any grok template that I can use?
Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Rohit.

How are you receiving the CEF logs?

CEF logs can be decoded using a cef codec. There is an example of using it here.

The logs are in cef format from imperva waf and we are downloading it manually. I need some help in changing this cef format to json so that it can be uploaded to Elastic.

Do this have to be in two different files or can be in one .conf file

That would be in two different files, so that you have multiple pipelines configured using pipelines.yml.

I have configured the pipeline as mentioned in the document but I am getting the error message below:

sudo /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash
Thread.exclusive is deprecated, use Thread::Mutex
WARNING: Could not find logstash.yml which is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or /etc/logstash. You can specify the path using --path.settings. Continuing using the defaults
Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /usr/share/logstash/config/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs errors to the console
ERROR: Failed to read pipelines yaml file. Location: /usr/share/logstash/config/pipelines.yml

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.