Changing Date Format in logstash

(Janardhan Randhi) #1

How can i delete the t and z date format in elastic search using through logstash.

my input is :2017-05-08 07:27:03.121 after push into elastic search its shows like 2017-05-08T07:27:03.121Z
format ,how can i remove the T and Z in time format while push into elastic using logstash.

Excepted output is :2017-05-08 07:27:03.121

(Magnus Bäck) #2

The output format of the date filter isn't configurable. If you really want to produce a timestamp in a different format you can use a ruby filter.

I think you're spending your time on the wrong problem. The raw value should never be displayed to users and the current format is a standard format that's unambiguous and that any piece of software can parse. Both the T and the Z are there for a reason. In fact, removing the Z without adjusting the rest of the timestamp would make it incorrect unless the local timezone happent to be GMT.

(Janardhan Randhi) #3

Yeah, thank you!!! But I am facing problem when retrieving it through java using Jest client. What is the timestamp format we have to use in java to retrieve time stamp from elastic search.

(Magnus Bäck) #4

You mean how to turn the string 2017-05-08T07:27:03.121Z into e.g. a java.util.Date object? I don't know, look for an ISO8601 parser.

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.