Continuous Logstash Stack Trace in Log

Hi,

I'm seeing the following stack trace continuously repeated in my logstash-plain.log (I couldn't post the whole trace since it was over the character limit):

[2018-04-03T13:17:03,815][ERROR][logstash.pipeline        ] ternal.runtime.methods.CompiledIRMethod.call(CompiledIRMethod.java:116)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:198)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.DynamicMethod.call(DynamicMethod.java:208)
org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:193)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.observing_tail.invokeOther47:observe_read_file(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/observing_tail.rb:43)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.observing_tail.RUBY$block$subscribe$1(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/observing_tail.rb:43)
org.jruby.runtime.CompiledIRBlockBody.yieldDirect(CompiledIRBlockBody.java:156)
org.jruby.runtime.BlockBody.yield(BlockBody.java:122)
org.jruby.runtime.Block.yieldValues(Block.java:181)
org.jruby.ir.targets.YieldSite.yieldValues(YieldSite.java:118)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.RUBY$block$each$11(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:255)
org.jruby.runtime.BlockBody.yield(BlockBody.java:114)
org.jruby.runtime.Block.yield(Block.java:165)
org.jruby.RubyArray.each(RubyArray.java:1734)
org.jruby.RubyArray$INVOKER$i$0$0$each.call(RubyArray$INVOKER$i$0$0$each.gen)
org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.callBlock(CachingCallSite.java:139)
org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:145)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.invokeOther197:each(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:217)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.RUBY$block$each$1(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:217)
org.jruby.runtime.CompiledIRBlockBody.callDirect(CompiledIRBlockBody.java:145)
org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:71)
org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:124)
org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:289)
org.jruby.RubyProc.call19(RubyProc.java:273)
org.jruby.RubyProc$INVOKER$i$0$0$call19.call(RubyProc$INVOKER$i$0$0$call19.gen)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.DynamicMethod.call(DynamicMethod.java:196)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.DynamicMethod.call(DynamicMethod.java:192)
org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:129)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.invokeOther0:call(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:357)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.RUBY$block$synchronized$1(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:357)
org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.yieldSpecific(IRBlockBody.java:80)
org.jruby.runtime.Block.yieldSpecific(Block.java:134)
org.jruby.ext.thread.Mutex.synchronize(Mutex.java:148)
org.jruby.ext.thread.Mutex$INVOKER$i$0$0$synchronize.call(Mutex$INVOKER$i$0$0$synchronize.gen)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.invokeOther3:synchronize(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:357)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.RUBY$method$synchronized$0(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:357)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.CompiledIRMethod.call(CompiledIRMethod.java:90)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:128)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.invokeOther201:synchronized(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:118)
usr.share.logstash.vendor.bundle.jruby.$2_dot_3_dot_0.gems.filewatch_minus_0_dot_9_dot_0.lib.filewatch.watch.RUBY$method$each$0(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/filewatch-0.9.0/lib/filewatch/watch.rb:118)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.CompiledIRMethod.call(CompiledIRMethod.java:90)
org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:128)
...etc...

This started when I started using a second file input I had already configured. Basically I have two paths, one for initial ingest of data, and another for re-ingesting data. I started a script that deleted the index for a given day, then copied all the log files for that day into the re-ingest path. Logstash seems to have kept running and processed all the data as far as I can tell.

Is this a problem? Is there any way to avoid this constant log output?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.