Create Field Winlogbeat

Hello,

I want to create a Field with the value that i want like in Logstash.

For example in my Logstash configuration i set in the fingerprint module:

add_field => {"key" => "123" }

On the log (In Kibana), I saw this field ("key") with the value associated("123") from Logstash but i want to do the same field from Winlogbeat.

How can i do that please ?

@JeanN Use the add_fields processor. Check out this section of the docs. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks for your answer @Coinology .

I'm sorry my ticket wasn't complete, but i already use this field (add_fields) in winlogbeat configuration, and in Kibana's logs i don't have this "new field" from winlogbeat.

processors:
  - add_fields:
      fields:
        name: keys
        id: '123'

I also want to choose the value of my fields like i did it in logstash, is there a setting to do this in that plugin ?

Thanks.

@JeanN hmm, that should be working. If you run Winlogbeat manually, are you seeing any errors?

Regarding the value of the fields, I am not sure what you are asking. Can you clarify? If I'm understanding you correctly, then you are already choosing the value with the add_fields processor.

For example:

processors:
  - add_fields:
  fields:
    name: keys
    id: '123'

This adds two fields. One named name with a value of keys and one named id with a value of 123. Am I missing something?

@Coinology Thanks for your answer, i find my error.

It was cause of several "processors" at top-level that i put in my configuration, so the yaml parser can't handle correctly, but now it works.

I didn't understand those plugin settings (add_fields) like this but now i do, thank you for your time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.