Create index mapping for dataset with large features

I am trying to bulk upload my data to ES but it ends up showing parsing exception. I want to create mapping for my index but the main problem is i have more than 70 columns in my dataset, for which specifying data type individually is not possible.
Is there any other way or do i need to set them manually?

Have a look at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/dynamic-mapping.html

I didn't get it, is 5 the value of count? Wasn't clear to me.Can you give a clear explanation, What exactly is count is in this case?

Which count? What do you mean ?

PUT data/_doc/1 { "count": 5 }
What is this count?

It's a field. It's just an example of a document which doesn't have any fixed mapping.

At the end of the page you have 2 links which introduce dynamic mapping. Did you read?

Yeah it's a little complicated for me since i am a beginner

Please read the documentation I linked to. If there's something you don't understand, feel free to ask. We are happy to help.

@dadoonet thanks for your replies,
I would like to know how would you approach to create index mapping for the data in the link:-

This is just a document and the time_stamp field is giving me hard time.

What is the mapping you'd like to have with those documents?

I have approx 50,000 entries in the time_stamp column but elastic is giving a hard time to display the correct data type for the time stamp rather ends up giving text there as well. Even when i have turned the format off. And i also did this:-

PUT my_index
{
"mappings": {
"properties": {
"date": {
"type": "date",
"format": "HH.mm.ss.SSS" #valid format in their official documentation.
}
}
}
}

But ends up showing
Rejecting mapping update to [latest] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [_doc, purge]
Even though i have only one entry in the index.

That's because you have already something defined in your index. Drop it.

If you still have problems please provide a full recreation script as described in About the Elasticsearch category. It will help to better understand what you are doing. Please, try to keep the example as simple as possible.

A full reproduction script will help readers to understand, reproduce and if needed fix your problem. It will also most likely help to get a faster answer.

Can you please check your private message?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.