CRIT Exiting: No prospectors defined. What files do you want me to watch?

(hasaN khaN) #1

I am having problem with regular expression not working in filebeat 5.5

filebeat.prospectors:
- input_type: log

paths:
    - D:\uat\beats\filebeat550\input_logs\tt_tradingserver\*

#use regular expression
  exclude_files: ["TradingServer_.*Copy.*\.log$|TradingServer_[0-9]+Jun17.log$|TradingServer_[0-9]+Jul17.log$"]

I am excluding all logs files having Jul17, Jul17 and the word 'Copy' in its name

Below is the list of files available in the directory

TradingServer_01Aug17.log
TradingServer_01Jul17.log
TradingServer_01Jun17.log
TradingServer_02Aug17.log
TradingServer_02Jun17.log
TradingServer_03Aug17.log
TradingServer_03Jul17.log
TradingServer_04Jul17.log
TradingServer_04Jun17.log
TradingServer_05Jul17.log
TradingServer_05Jun17.log
TradingServer_06Jul17.log
TradingServer_06Jun17.log
TradingServer_07Jul17.log

But I am getting an error as

CRIT Exiting: No prospectors defined. What files do you want me to watch?

I have checked this regular expression in EditPlus as well on regular expression validation websites it is working fine there but not in FileBeats

(Andrew Kroh) #2

That error doesn't indicate a problem with the regular expression. Are you sure it's the regular expression causing the error? Can you please comment out the exclude_lines and see if the error persists.

BTW We recommend that you wrap regular expressions in single quotation marks to work around YAML’s string escaping rules. (see Regular Expression Support)

(hasaN khaN) #3

Hi,

Without exclude_files it is working and it is also working with below excludes_files

exclude_files: ["TradingServer_[0-9]+Jun17.log$|TradingServer_[0-9]+Jul17.log$"]

but when i add below expression then only i am getting error.

TradingServer_.*Copy.*\.log$|

(hasaN khaN) #4

Now it is working absolutely fine, used single quote, stopped using | pipe sign, and made each regular expression separate

exclude_files: ['TradingServer_.*Copy.*\.log$', 'TradingServer_[0-9]+Jun17.log$', 'TradingServer_[0-9]+Jul17.log$']

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.