Custom Filter Plugin - Performance Test

Hey all.
I have set up the ELK-Stack and I have written my own Logstash filter plugins in ruby. Now I would like to add unit tests for my ruby filters and also check if I can improve my filters in any way.
So I was looking for a way of testing the performance of my filters but couldn't really find anything useful.
Does anyone have more insight into that topic?

My second question is about the above mentioned unit tests. My Jenkins currently scans the repository for any changes of the ruby filters, builds the gem and deploys the gem to QA. Now I would like to add unit tests into to my build pipeline. I added the [filtername]_spec.RB file in my "spec/filters" folder of my gem-template. But how can I see the test coverage of my unit-tests? After some research, I found the gem "simplecov". Is that the right approach or are people following different strategies?

Thanks in advance!

So I was looking for a way of testing the performance of my filters but couldn't really find anything useful.

Have you looked into the Logstash monitoring API?

Oh interesting, no I haven't checked that out yet. I am gonna give it a shot. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.