Define time format as date prompt error

Error message:failed to parse field [timestamp] of type [date]

Time sample format:

mar 13 10:36:03
mar 13 2019 10:36:03
2019-03-13 11:11:11

I want to be able to convert different date formats into yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss

You can use the Date Filter Plugin to parse any number of formats into a Time object, which serialises to a ISO8601-compatible representation.

It's not clear to me exactly what format strings to recommend, because it depends on whether your inputs zero-pad the day-of-month or hour-of-day fields; for example, the first input you give could be any of:

• mar 13 10:36:03
    • MMM d H:mm:ss (minimal day-of-month; minimal hour-of-day)
    • MMM d HH:mm:ss (minimal day-of-month; zero-padded two-digit hour-of-day)
    • MMM dd H:mm:ss (zero-padded two-digit day-of-month; minimal hour-of-day)
    • MMM dd HH:mm:ss (zero-padded two-digit day-of-month; zero-padded two-digit hour-of-day)

I would advise using the above-linked docs to define appropriate format strings.

I want to know how to convert multiple formats into one format.

[14/Mar/2017:06:57:12 +0800] How to convert this into "2017-11-20 12:00:00" in logstash

Please read the linked documentation, try it for yourself, and come back with a description of what you tried, what you expected to happen, and what behaviour you observed if you are still having problems.

After matching the timestamp with the target to the timestamp by matching, the time is automatically reduced by 8 hours.

Solved, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.