Deprecated config setting "document_type" set in elasticsearch

I am getting this entry in the log when starting Logstash.

[logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] You are using a deprecated config setting "document_type" set in elasticsearch. Deprecated settings will continue to work, but are scheduled for removal from logstash in the future. Document types are being deprecated in Elasticsearch 6.0, and removed entirely in 7.0. You should avoid this feature if you have any questions about this please visit the #Logstash channel on freenode irc.

The only pipeline that I have in the conf.d dir is:

input {
    file {
        path=>"/home/eyec/d95t45va/local4*"
        start_position=> "beginning"
    }
}
filter{
    grok{
        match=> { "message" => "%{SYSLOGLINE}" }
    }
}
output {
    elasticsearch {
        hosts=>"https://sassvdzgpeel101.eyec.proj.xxx.xxx.gov"
        user=> "elastic"
        password=> "changeme"
        ssl=> true
        cacert=> '/etc/logstash/iic.ca.bundle.pem'
    }
}

If you are using Logstash 6.3+, this may be coming from the Monitoring pipeline, where we still specify the document type for backward-compatibility reasons. When 7.0 rolls out, the version of the Monitoring pipeline that ships with it will no longer specify this deprecated field and the warning will go away on its own.

@yaauie, thanks; I confirmed with our Elastic SE that this was due to the monitoring pipeline and that the custom pipeline not running is due to another issue that we are troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.