Disable exists query in Kibana 8.7

@devon.thomson Thank you for your answer.

I can't see how taking away options from the dashboard authors is streamlining the process. The author should be the one with the knowledge and should be given as much customization options as possible! I think you are heading in the wrong direction when you take away options from the authors.

On the other hand, the user of the dashboard are the ones which should see a "streamlined" dashboard. They should be the ones protected from unnecessary information. I think we don't need to debate this: From a data visualization standpoint, less is more. No unnecessary information is always the way to go.

But with the new version the user now always sees the exists and i already got a complaint why there is suddenly a number behind the entries in the control, which shows in how many documents the value is present. Our users don't even know what "document" means. You have to think of the older generation which are now confronted with new technology.

So i, as an author, want to control which information they should see and which they should not see. Instead, options are taken away from me.

This discussion set aside: If you can provide me with instructions (or a script if you want) that gives me control over enabling or disabling the exists query, then yes, i'd like to have it.

Edit: Also, i have more control related issues in 8.7, so maybe you know more about that as well:

Best regards
Jonas