Does Filebeat registry file get deleted during reboot

Hi,

I'm just wondering does the Filebeat registry file get reset or re-created when rebooting the machine the beat is running on ? Is there any way the file could get affected by any operation other than manually deleting file that could cause filebeat to resend data again from all defined logs prospectors ?

Thanks

The registry data is not reset by Filebeat. The file is periodically re-written while it's running. The various clean_ configuration options control when Filebeat will remove an individual file record from being tracked in the registry.

@andrewkroh thanks for your response! So what would be the default behavior if I have touched non of those options ?

An from your response I assume nothing should be changed when rebooting my Linux machine and Filebeat should continue normally, from where it left off ?

Well clean_removed is on by default. Where are the files mounted from? If the inode numbers change on reboot then Filebeat will treat everything as new files.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.