Dynamic reload of outputs

Hi, I am very new to the ELK ecosystem and am a little confused about the configuration.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/current/filebeat-configuration-reloading.html indicates that parts of the configuration can dynamically reload, and shows examples for inputs and modules. Can the same be done for outputs?

My use case is that my logstash instances will be in an Amazon Auto-scaling group, I would like to be able to update the list of logstash instances after it scales up or down, I know from my research that because it uses a persistant TCP connection, that the ELB will be no good, but was hoping that there would be an easy way

output can't be used for reloading at the moment.

Could you perhaps you DNS for it? Have 1 DNS name that points to all the instances?

could try that. But when does logstash resolve the DNS to IP addresses? is it at service start or when it attempts to make a connection?

I assume you mean Beats? Beats will refresh it on every reconnect but it's up to the OS if DNS is cached or not and the way it's configured.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.