ECK Update Secret for Kibana.yml fails

Good Morning, This is hopefully me being stupid and missing something easy.
If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to update the secret quickstart-kb-config so i can update my kibana.yml.

I've done kubectl edit secret quickstart-kb-config and replaced the kibana.yml with an updated value and it doesn't take.

We just upgraded the cluster to 7.14.1 and eck has been upgraded to 1.7.1. I know they are mounted secrets so i restarted deployments on the kibana node and nothing got updated. I'm trying to get publicBaseUrl into the new kibana.yml.

I suspect something in elastic-operator is causing an issue, but I've read so much documentation that is old or out of date i figured I'd ask.

apiVersion: v1
data:
  kibana.yml: BASE64VALUEHERE
  telemetry.yml: BASE64VALUEHERE
kind: Secret
metadata:
  creationTimestamp: "2021-09-24T12:17:23Z"
  labels:
    eck.k8s.elastic.co/credentials: "true"
    kibana.k8s.elastic.co/name: quickstart
  name: quickstart-kb-config
  namespace: default
  ownerReferences:
  - apiVersion: kibana.k8s.elastic.co/v1
    blockOwnerDeletion: true
    controller: true
    kind: Kibana
    name: quickstart
    uid: 3c9f61de-0607-11ea-86da-42010a8e0089
  resourceVersion: "774270125"
  selfLink: /api/v1/namespaces/default/secrets/quickstart-kb-config
  uid: e6ce621c-a123-4a35-be2f-689800320d16
type: Opaque

the elastic-operator logs show this after i update
{"log.level":"info","@timestamp":"2021-09-24T13:20:03.504Z","log.logger":"generic-reconciler","message":"Updating resource","service.version":"1.7.1+26876766","service.type":"eck","ecs.version":"1.4.0","kind":"Secret","namespace":"default","name":"quickstart-kb-config"}

This secret is managed by ECK, Kibana configuration should be adjusted in the spec.config section as described here:

spec:
  config:
    server.publicBaseUrl: https://my_public_base_url
  count: 1
  elasticsearchRef:
    name: quickstart
  version: 7.15.0

A new Pod should be automatically created to reflect the new configuration.

I'll take a look at that today, thank you so much for taking the time to try to help.
I really appreciate it. <3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.