Elastic 7.4.2 metricbeat host.name is set to metricbeat agent.name on Centos 7.4

In the Kibana Metricbeat Dashboard, I see the agent name instead of the hostname.

The metricbeat.yml is:

This behaviour is annoying, because if I click in the dashboard on "System Overview" it will use the query:
host.name = "spaceport.avproiect.com"
and no data (does not work obviously because host.name is somehow set to agent.name)

I manually correct the query I can see the data

I tried to edit this query markdown but it is just a link to a dashboardID I don't know.

:((((

Hello, sorry for the late response. Did you try running metricbeat without specifying the name of the shipper in metricbeat.yml? So under General session of your metricbeat.yml, it will look like:

#================================ General =====================================

# The name of the shipper that publishes the network data. It can be used to group
# all the transactions sent by a single shipper in the web interface.
#name:

# The tags of the shipper are included in their own field with each
# transaction published.
tags: ["spaceport", "avp"]

# Optional fields that you can specify to add additional information to the
# output.
fields:
  env: staging

Based on documentation of host.name field:
It can contain what hostname returns on Unix systems, the fully qualified domain name, or a name specified by the user. The sender decides which value to use.

Hello, yes indeed. When it agent name was left empty it will display the hostname in Kibana. However I wanted to be able to have both agent_name and hostname in Kibana for visualisations.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.