Elastic apm agent attached to java application running on JBoss 7.2.2 EAP

If you are asking about a problem you are experiencing, please use the following template, as it will help us help you. If you have a different problem, please delete all of this text :slight_smile:

Kibana version:
Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:
APM Agent language and version:
Java, 1.12
Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
Fresh install.
Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):
I'm using Openshift as platform on which I have installed java application that runs on JBoss 7.2.2 EAP. I'm attaching standalone java apm agent to this application, and getting two errors. Log level of apm agent is set to TRACE.

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):
11:16:08,637 INFO [stdout] (Attach Listener) 2020-01-10 11:16:08.637 [Attach Listener] INFO co.elastic.apm.agent.bci.bytebuddy.CustomElementMatchers - Cannot read implementation version based on ProtectionDomain. This should not affect you agent's functionality. Failed with message: For input string: "redhat"
11:16:08,639 INFO [stdout] (Attach Listener) 2020-01-10 11:16:08.639 [Attach Listener] DEBUG co.elastic.apm.agent.bci.bytebuddy.CustomElementMatchers - Implementation version parsing error: ProtectionDomain (static) (jar:file:/opt/eap/modules/system/layers/base/org/apache/httpcomponents/core/main/httpclient-4.5.2.redhat-2.jar!/ )

As the message says- this on itself should not affect functionality.
Thanks for reporting.

I know, but for some reason I can see only metrics in Kibana, there is no traces of or spans.

Which frameworks/libraries are you using from our supported technologies page?
Anything else interesting in the debug log? Look for Type match for instrumentation... and Method match for instrumentation... messages. Those should tell you which technologies are detected and instrumented by the agent.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.