Elastic APM for .Net core doesn't report request, response tabs

If you are asking about a problem you are experiencing, please use the following template, as it will help us help you. If you have a different problem, please delete all of this text :slight_smile:

Kibana version:
Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:

Browser version:
Chrome 83

I have the following code in my sample Asp.net core application, it is out of the box asp.net core application.

public void Configure(IApplicationBuilder app, IHostingEnvironment env)
        {
            app.UseAllElasticApm(Configuration);
            if (env.IsDevelopment())
            {
                app.UseDeveloperExceptionPage();
            }
            else
            {
                app.UseExceptionHandler("/Error");
                app.UseHsts();
            }

app.UseHttpsRedirection();
            app.UseStaticFiles();
            app.UseCookiePolicy();

app.UseMvc();
        }

following is appsettings.json

"ElasticApm": {
        "SecretToken": "",
        "ServerUrls": "http://localhost:8200",
        "StackTraceLimit": -1,
        "ServiceName": null,
        "SpanFramesMinDuration": 5,
        "TransactionSampleRate": 1.0
      }

with this I can only see for every transaction only Timeline and Metadata tabs.., I don't see any spans, request/response tabs. How can I capture code instrumentation information and DB calls with Auto instrumentation.., at the moment it is only capturing browser calls. Nothing inside code is instrumented. Please advise how to capture the flow.

Hi @ramkms6666 - I think I can't give you any more info on this one than what we already discussed here: Elastic APM .net agent is not instrumenting methods

In case you have ADO.NET calls with SQL Server or Entity Framework Core calls, then those should be captured there - otherwise one option is to use the Public Agent API.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.