ELastic ML jobs

I've been researching around the different types of ML anamoly detection jobs in Elasticsearch. Would like to get a second opinion as to what might be the best bet for a particular use case am working on:

1. 100's of hosts - host is a keyword field
  2. Each host has tens of services running on them - service name is a keyword field
  3. Each service logs the service response times in elasticsearch - responseTime is a 'numeric value'

I'm trying to create a job that would model the average response times of each service on a given host and alert if it's trending higher than the median value of the same metric compared to historical occurences.

I don't see an option of creating this in multi-metric as they all have "distinct count" of the hostname/services - which does not help.

Thanks!

If you want to compute average response times of each service on a given host - use transform

And then the median value of the same metric compared to historical occurrences. Create an anomaly detection job using the avg field from the transform output.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.