Enable Observability in Spring Boot Application

I am trying to enable observability in Spring Boot application using ELK stack. I have done the following things so far and wondering what I do I need to corelate APM data with application logs.

• I have installed Elastic APM Java agent in my spring boot application and been able to see the application in Kibana APM module.
  • I have setup apring boot application log shipping to Elastic Search using Filebeat and I can see log data in Kibana.

Now I am wondering how do I corelate the APM events with the corresponding log entries, so I can drill down to associated log entries when looking at an APM event.

I am fairly new to ELK stack, so I would appreciate any help or guidance in this regard. I am using version 7.10.0 for ELK and Filebeat. The APM java agent version is 1.18.1

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This guide about log correlation should help you to get started: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/apm/agent/java/current/log-correlation.html

Let me know if you have further questions.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.